If you are a bookkeeper, it means you have this thing with numbers. You have the skill to carryout the effective recording and analyzing of financial transactions of an organization. You duties will largely include the maintaining financial records, maintaining ledgers, reconciling account, calculation of payroll, filing of taxes, as well helping in filing of the tax documents, etc. You see, the role of a beekeeper is very important.
Now, you can step your career by becoming a Certified Bookkeeper. This means you now acquire advanced accounting and bookkeeping skills that open up more opportunities for you. Once you are certified, you are highly trained and can effectively save a business from going into oblivion. In case you really have not being certified, this article provides information that would spur you.
How to become a certified Bookkeeper
If you are bookkeeper that intends to get certification then you need to follow the guidelines put in the place by the American Institute Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB).This is the body overseeing certification of bookkeeper in the United States. AIPB requires the candidate to take part and pass the certification exams after working as full time bookkeeper in an organization for a period of two years or equivalent ( in part time or freelance).
In addition, you are mandated to sign the AIPBs code of ethics. Every Certified Bookkeeper is required to maintain some hours of continuing education so as to maintain his or her status.
Benefits of becoming a Certified Bookkeeper
Once you get your certification status as bookkeeper, then you are going to enjoy the following benefits.
- Have advanced proficient skills keeping accurate financial, accounting, and statistical records of both small and large organizations.
- Your status gives you an edge in the work place over those without the certification in terms of recognition and pay.
- Certified Bookkeepers are in hot demand by many employers and individuals can purse careers in many industries
- You stand now a better chance to earn advanced degrees and certifications.
- You can enjoy all the privileges enjoyed by members of the certification of body. This has to do with information sharing and training.
Finally, with the benefits above you now understand why it becomes necessary to get certified by the American Institute Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB). Your relevance in the any industry will increase and you are truly considered a professional. Visit the website of AIPB now for more information about how you can get certified easily.